Published: Tuesday, May 12, 2009
The Laketran Board of Trustees approved a financial recovery plan for the agency at their May 11, 2009 meeting. The 2009-1010 plan was adopted to close the gap on an expected $5.7 million deficit.
The recovery plan includes $1 million in reduction of departmental/personnel expenses; $1.5 million in reduction of service expenses; the addition of $2.2 million from new revenue streams; and $1 million in fare increases. The internal reductions account for closing 55% of the deficit gap. These include departmental expense reductions, wage freezes, early retirement incentives and a hiring freeze.
Service reductions include the elimination of all Saturday services, eliminating weekday service after 7pm; and adjustment of several commuter routes.
Fare increases effective July 1, 2009:
- Dial-a-Ride Regular Fare $10
- Dial-a-Ride Senior/Disabled/Child Under 12 $2.50
- Fixed Route Regular $1.75
- Fixed Route Senior/Disabled/Child Under 12 $0.75
- Commuter Express Regular $3.75
- Commuter Express Monthly Pass $135
- Commuter Express Student 10-Ride Ticket $15
All out-of-county Dial-a-Ride medical trips will be twice the base fare.
All multi-ride tickets will be for 10-Rides only.
Commuter Route changes:
- Rt 14 – 5:35am departure will be eliminated
- Rt 14 – 6:15am departure changed to 6:00am
- Rt 12 – 7:10am departure will be eliminated
- Rt 12 – 6:30am departure will change to 6:45am
- Rt 12- 4:40pm and 5:00pm departures will be consolidated into a new single departure time of 4:55pm