What is Dial-a-Ride
Dial-a-Ride is a door-through-door, assisted transportation shared-ride service. Transportation services are provided throughout Lake County and to limited medical facilities in Cleveland.
Laketran will pick you up at home (or another origin) and drop you off at work, medical appointments, or any destination in Lake County.
Reservations are required 2-10 business days in advance of your trip. You can make reservations by calling Laketran’s Customer Service Center at 440-354-6100, 440-942-1300, or toll-free 1-888-525-3872. Please have the complete address of your destinations when calling to schedule your rides.
For medical appointments, please have your doctor’s name, office address, room/building number, and phone number to provide when booking your Dial-a-Ride trip. This helps us locate you when you’re getting picked-up from larger medical facilities.
- Monday-Friday: 5:00 am – 8:00 pm. First pick-up window is 5:00am – 5:30am. Last pick-up window is 7:00 pm – 7:30 pm.
- Saturday: 8:00 am – 7:00 pm. First pick-up window is 8:00am – 8:30am. Last pick-up window is 6:00pm – 6:30pm.
Cleveland Medical Services
Service to medical facilities in Cuyahoga County includes: Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland VA Medical Center, University Hospital, Cleveland Sight Center, CWRU Dental School
Laketran’s Dial-a-Ride service travels to University Circle area Monday-Friday with 3 daily arrival times (8:30 am, 11:30 am, 2:30 pm) and 5 daily departures (11:30 am, 12:30 pm, 2:30 pm, 3:30 pm, 4:30 pm).
The 2nd Monday and 2nd Thursday of each month, Laketran will also take reservations to medical locations in Cuyahoga County anywhere north of Chagrin Blvd and east of Metro Hospital. These Dial-a-Ride trips book quickly due to limited availability. It is recommended you make reservations for these out-of-county trips as soon as possible.
Steps to Make Your Reservation
- Gather the information needed to make a reservation 2-10 business days in advance of your trip.
- Call Laketran at (440) 354-6100 or toll free at 1 (888) 525-3872. Customer Service Representatives are available Monday – Friday from 6:00 am to 8:00 pm Saturday from 8:00 am to 7:00 pm or book your reservation online with Request-a-Ride. To get started with online reservations, call Customers Service for your Client ID and password.
- Write down your pick-up window times given by the Customer Service Representative.
- Ask your Customer Service Representative to repeat your reservation details back to you.
- Be ready to board the bus at the beginning of your pick-up window.
Eligibility & Fares
Dial-a-Ride may be used by any Lake County resident. Laketran and their partners offer a variety of Reduced Fare and Subsidized Fare options to discount the Regular Laketran fares. You may be eligible if you have a Golden Buckeye, Medicare Card, ADA Card, or Reduced Fare Card for Students with Disabilities. To apply for a Golden Buckeye Card, please contact your local senior center or public library. ADA and Reduced Fare Card for Students are programs managed by Laketran. Call Laketran’s ADA Coordinator at 440-350-1064 to see if you’re eligible.
To Cancel a Dial-a-Ride Reservation
To cancel a reservation, you must call Laketran at least 2 hours prior to the beginning of your pick-up window. Call the Cancellation Line at (440) 350-1099 or toll free at 1 (888) 585-3872. If you book your trip online, you can also cancel your trip through your online account.
Laketran understands that because Dial-a-Ride requires advanced reservations, riders may sometimes miss scheduled rides or forget to cancel reservations they no longer need. Laketran also understands that riders may sometimes miss scheduled trips or be unable to cancel trips in a timely way for reasons that are beyond their control. However, repeatedly missing scheduled trips or failing to cancel trips in a timely manner may lead to suspension of service. Download Laketran No-Show Policy for more information.
Laketran’s No-Show policy allows for Laketran to suspend a customer’s ride privileges for no-shows. A passenger will receive a notice by mail before service is suspended.
Laketran is closed on Sundays and federally observed holidays including: New Years Day, Memorial Day, July 4th, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day, and Christmas Day.