- Did you forget to to book at trip? Did your plans change? A Next Day Dial-a-Ride pilot program is now offering next day reservations for Dial-a-Ride, available first come, first serve.
- Dial-a-Ride service transitioned to a pre-paid service, meaning your trip must be paid for when you schedule your reservation. More information here.
What is Dial-a-Ride
Dial-a-Ride is a door-to-door, assisted transportation shared-ride service. Transportation services are provided throughout Lake County and to limited medical facilities in Cleveland.
Dial-a-Ride trips are scheduled by advance reservations. Reservations are required 2-12 business days in advance of your trip. Trips are booked on a first-come first-served basis. Reservations are made on-line with Request-a-Ride or by calling Laketran’s Customer Service Center at 440-354-6100, 440-942-1300, or toll-free 1-888-525-3872. Please have the complete address of your destinations when calling to schedule your rides.
For medical appointments, please have your doctor’s name, name of medical facility, office address, room/building number, doctor’s phone number and appointment time to provide when booking your Dial-a-Ride trip. This information helps us locate you when you’re getting picked-up from larger medical facilities.
Once you have scheduled your reservation, Laketran will give you a 30 minute pickup window when you can expect the bus to arrive. You can also request an automated Confirmation Call the night prior to your trip and a Reminder Call when the bus is on its way to pick you up.
Monday through Friday: 5 a.m. – 8 p.m.
- First pick-up window is 5 a.m. – 5:30 a.m. (Pick-up windows from 5:00 a.m. – 5:45 a.m. are limited to first come, first serve and fill up quickly. We suggest calling as soon as possible to book your trip.)
- Last pick-up window is 7 p.m. – 7:30 p.m.
Saturday: 8 a.m. – 7 p.m.
- First pick-up window is 8 a.m. – 8:30 a.m.
- Last pick-up window is 6 p.m. – 6:30 p.m.
Cuyahoga County Medical Services
Dial-a-Ride service to medical facilities in Cuyahoga County includes: Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland VA Medical Center, University Hospital, Cleveland Sight Center, CWRU Dental School
Laketran’s travels to University Circle area Monday-Friday with 3 daily arrival times and 5 daily departures:
- Arrival times to University Circle: 8:30 a.m., 11:30 a.m., 2:30 p.m.
- Departure times from University Circle: 11:30 a.m., 12:30 p.m., 2:30 p.m., 3:30 p.m., 4:30 p.m.
The 2nd Monday and 2nd Thursday of each month, Laketran will also take reservations to medical locations in other Cuyahoga County. These Dial-a-Ride trips book quickly due to limited availability. It is recommended you make reservations for these out-of-county trips as soon as possible.
Steps to Make Your Reservation
- Gather the information needed to make a reservation 2-12 business days in advance of your trip.
- Call Laketran at 440-354-6100 or toll free at 1-888-525-3872. Customer Service Representatives are available Monday – Friday from 6 a.m. to 8 p.m. Saturday from 8 a.m. to 7 p.m. or book your reservation online with Request-a-Ride. To get started with online reservations, call Customers Service for your Client ID and password.
- Write down your pick-up window times given by the Customer Service Representative.
- Ask your Customer Service Representative to repeat your reservation details back to you.
- Be ready to board the bus at the beginning of your pick-up window.
The night prior to your reservation you will receive a Confirmation Call confirming your reservation. At the end of the phone call you can either confirm or cancel your reservation. You will also receive a Reminder Call when the bus is on its way to pick you up. You should always be ready at the beginning of your pick-up window.
Eligibility & Fares
Dial-a-Ride may be used by any Lake County resident. Laketran and our community partners offer a variety of Reduced Fare programs and Subsidized Fare options to discount the Regular Laketran fares. You may be eligible for a reduced fare if you have a Golden Buckeye, Medicare Card, ADA Card, or Reduced Fare Card for Students with Disabilities. To apply for a Golden Buckeye Card, please contact your local senior center or public library. ADA and Reduced Fare Card for Students are programs managed by Laketran. Call Laketran’s ADA Coordinator at 440-350-1067 to see if you’re eligible.
To Cancel a Dial-a-Ride Reservation
To cancel a reservation, you must call Laketran at least 2 hours prior to the beginning of your pick-up window. Call the Cancellation Line at 440-350-1099 or toll free at 1-888-585-3872. If you book your trip online, you can also cancel your trip through your online account.
Plans change, but we need to know! Laketran understands that because Dial-a-Ride requires advanced reservations, customers may sometimes miss scheduled rides or forget to cancel reservations they no longer need. However, repeatedly missing scheduled trips or failing to cancel trips in a timely manner may lead to suspension of service. Download Laketran No Show Policy for more information.
Laketran’s No-Show policy allows for Laketran to suspend a customer’s ride privileges for no-shows. A passenger will receive a notice by mail before service is suspended.
Laketran is closed on Sundays and federally observed holidays including: New Years Day, Memorial Day, July 4th, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day, and Christmas Day. Holidays Laketran is closed are not considered business days. Please remember to schedule your Dial-a-Ride trips in advance of the holiday.