What is Dial-a-Ride
Dial-a-Ride is a door-to-door, assisted transportation shared-ride service. Transportation services are provided throughout Lake County and to limited medical facilities in Cleveland.
Laketran will pick you up at home (or another origin) and drop you off at work, medical appointments, or any destination in Lake County.
Dial-a-Ride trips are scheduled by advance reservations. Reservations are required 2-10 business days in advance of your trip. Reservations are made on-line with Request-a-Ride or by calling Laketran’s Customer Service Center at 440-354-6100, 440-942-1300, or toll-free 1-888-525-3872. Please have the complete address of your destinations when calling to schedule your rides.
For medical appointments, please have your doctor’s name, office address, room/building number, and phone number to provide when booking your Dial-a-Ride trip. This helps us locate you when you’re getting picked-up from larger medical facilities.
Monday through Friday: 5 a.m. – 8 p.m.
- First pick-up window is 5 a.m. – 5:30 a.m. Last pick-up window is 7 p.m. – 7:30 p.m.
Saturday: 8 a.m. – 7 p.m.
- First pick-up window is 8 a.m. – 8:30 a.m. Last pick-up window is 6 p.m. – 6:30 p.m.
Cuyahoga County Medical Services
Dial-a-Ride service to medical facilities in Cuyahoga County includes: Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland VA Medical Center, University Hospital, Cleveland Sight Center, CWRU Dental School
Laketran’s travels to University Circle area Monday-Friday with 3 daily arrival times and 5 daily departures:
- Arrival times to University Circle: 8:30 a.m., 11:30 a.m., 2:30 p.m.
- Departure times from University Circle: 11:30 a.m., 12:30 p.m., 2:30 p.m., 3:30 p.m., 4:30 p.m.
The 2nd Monday and 2nd Thursday of each month, Laketran will also take reservations to medical locations in other Cuyahoga County. These Dial-a-Ride trips book quickly due to limited availability. It is recommended you make reservations for these out-of-county trips as soon as possible.
Steps to Make Your Reservation
- Gather the information needed to make a reservation 2-10 business days in advance of your trip.
- Call Laketran at 440-354-6100 or toll free at 1-888-525-3872. Customer Service Representatives are available Monday – Friday from 6 a.m. to 8 p.m. Saturday from 8 a.m. to 7 p.m. or book your reservation online with Request-a-Ride. To get started with online reservations, call Customers Service for your Client ID and password.
- Write down your pick-up window times given by the Customer Service Representative.
- Ask your Customer Service Representative to repeat your reservation details back to you.
- Be ready to board the bus at the beginning of your pick-up window.
The night prior to your reservation you will receive a Confirmation Call confirming your reservation. At the end of the phone call you can either confirm or cancel your reservation. You will also receive a Reminder Call when the bus is on its way to pick you up. You should always be ready at the beginning of your pick-up window.
Eligibility & Fares
Dial-a-Ride may be used by any Lake County resident. Laketran and our community partners offer a variety of Reduced Fare programs and Subsidized Fare options to discount the Regular Laketran fares. You may be eligible for a reduced fare if you have a Golden Buckeye, Medicare Card, ADA Card, or Reduced Fare Card for Students with Disabilities. To apply for a Golden Buckeye Card, please contact your local senior center or public library. ADA and Reduced Fare Card for Students are programs managed by Laketran. Call Laketran’s ADA Coordinator at 440-350-1067 to see if you’re eligible.
To Cancel a Dial-a-Ride Reservation
To cancel a reservation, you must call Laketran at least 2 hours prior to the beginning of your pick-up window. Call the Cancellation Line at 440-350-1099 or toll free at 1-888-585-3872. If you book your trip online, you can also cancel your trip through your online account.
Plans change, but we need to know! Laketran understands that because Dial-a-Ride requires advanced reservations, customers may sometimes miss scheduled rides or forget to cancel reservations they no longer need. However, repeatedly missing scheduled trips or failing to cancel trips in a timely manner may lead to suspension of service. Download Laketran No Show Policy 2017 for more information.
Laketran’s No-Show policy allows for Laketran to suspend a customer’s ride privileges for no-shows. A passenger will receive a notice by mail before service is suspended.
Laketran is closed on Sundays and federally observed holidays including: New Years Day, Memorial Day, July 4th, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day, and Christmas Day.