Laketran offers reduced fares to seniors, individuals with disabilities, veterans, and students. Customers who would like to participate in Laketran’s Reduced Fare program for Local Routes, Dial-a-Ride or Park-n-Ride must complete a Reduced Fare Application. Persons eligible for reduce fare for each mode of service include:
- Local Routes: Seniors, Individuals with disabilities, Veterans, Students
- Dial-a-Ride: Seniors, Individuals with disabilities, Veterans
- Park-n-Ride: Seniors, Individuals with disabilities, Veterans, Students
In order to qualify for a reduced fare, the applicant must provide proof of eligibility by submitting one of the following forms of documentation with their application.
Seniors (Age 60 and over)
Individuals with Disabilities
*Other transit system Reduce Fare photo IDs are acceptable as proof of eligibility.
How to Apply for a Reduced Fare
Download the Laketran Reduced Fare Application. Printed applications can be submitted with qualifying documentation and a photo by:
- Email: email@example.com
- Mail: Laketran 555 Lakeshore Blvd. Painesville Twp., OH 44077
- Fax: 440-354-4202. Faxed photos for ID cards are not accepted.
- In-person by appointment: Schedule an appointment by calling 440-350-1067. Public transit access to Laketran is available via Routes 8, 10, 12, or Dial-a-Ride.
Customer can also request a printed Reduced Fare Application by mail by calling Customer Service at 440-354-6100 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Upon approval of your application, Laketran will update your EZfare or Dial-a-Ride/Request-a-Ride account, or issue you Laketran Reduced Fare ID to show when boarding the bus. Please allow 10 business days to process applications.
Children 12 and younger
Children age 12 and younger ride Local Routes and Dial-a-Ride free with a fare-paying adult.
Seniors 90 and older
Seniors age 90 and older ride all Laketran services fare free. To quality for the discounted fare, please complete the Reduced Fare application above.
If you are a Medicaid recipient, the cost of your transportation to some Medicaid-approved health care services may be covered by Medicaid. In these instances, the rider does not pay a fare. Medicaid will be billed under the appropriate program through Lake County Jobs and Family Services. Learn more about Medicaid Non-Emergency Transportation.
For more information on any of these programs, please contact Laketran’s Outreach Department at 440-350-1067 or email@example.com.