Laketran has partnered with the business community to provide “fare free” rides on Routes 1-6 on Black Friday, November 26, 2010 to encourage people to shop locally in Lake County. The “fare free” rides are subsidized by French Chiropractic of Madison; Crusin’ 50’s Diner, The Olive and The Grape, and Van’s Photo of Mentor; Leader Signs & Graphics of Willoughby, The News-Herald and Great Lakes Mall.
“Driving and parking can be a hassle on Black Friday, especially through the central shopping areas. By offering the “fare free” sponsored rides, we want to make it easy for Lake County residents to shop locally and support Lake County businesses,” said Board President Kevin Malecek.
This is the first time that Laketran has reached out to the business community to support bus service through sponsorship. “We’re very excited to have so many businesses partner with us to offer this innovative program to the residents of Lake County. It’s a win-win for everybody and illustrates the important role that public transit can play in the economic recovery,” noted general manager, Ray Jurkowski.
Last month, the Laketran Board voted to restore one additional hour of weeknight fixed route and Dial-a-Ride service. The motion was made by Trustee Jason Boyd and a seconded by Trustee Matthew Armand to help people looking for employment opportunities and to give shoppers extended service especially during the up-coming holiday season.
Beginning Monday, November 22, 2010 Laketran’s in-county fixed routes 1, 2, 3, 5 & 6 and Dial-a-Ride will now operate until 8:00 pm, Monday through Friday.
- Route 1 serves Painesville and Mentor along Mentor Avenue
- Route 2 serves Wickliffe, Willoughby and Mentor along Euclid Avenue
- Route 3 serves Willowick, Eastlake, North Willoughby and North Mentor along Lakeshore Blvd.
- Route 5 serves Painesville and Fairport Harbor along local streets.
- Route 6 serves Willoughby Hills, Wickliffe, Willowick, Eastlake and Mentor along Vine Street.
Routes 1, 2, 3 and 6 service the Great Lakes Mall and Lakeland Community College.
- Route 4 which serves Madison, Perry and Painesville along State Route 20 will not change but continue to operate until 7:00 pm.
For more information call customer service at (888) LAKETRAN.