As businesses begin to reopen under the Responsible Restart Ohio Plan, Laketran continues to make the safety and well-being of our employees and customers a top priority. We’ve put a number of new protocols into place to promote a safe transit experience.
Social distancing must be practiced on-board buses, while boarding buses, and at all bus stops and Park-n-Rides lots when waiting for a bus. Laketran is encouraging social distancing by:
- Suspending fares on all services until May 31
- Mandating rear boarding and exiting on Local Routes, unless ADA ramp is needed
- Requiring customers, not from the same household, sit 6 feet apart on-board buses
- Requiring customers sit 6 feet from the bus driver
- Scheduling customers on Dial-a-Ride trips to ensure social distancing
- Monitoring ridership on Local Routes and Park-n-Ride to allow customers to safely social distance while on board
Personal Protective Equipment:
Laketran strongly encourages all customers and employees to use personal protection equipment while on public transportation.
- Laketran has equipped employees with masks, hand sanitizer, wipes and sanitation spray to use as needed on-board the buses
- Employees are required to wear masks; unless the mask compromises the safety of doing their job, such as drivers who wear glasses that fog up cannot wear a mask and safely drive
- Customers are strongly recommended to wear a face covering or a mask, as recommended by the CDC and Ohio Department of Health
- Customers can request a free mask from Laketran. To request a mask, complete our online form or call Laketran at 440-354-6100. The CDC has tutorials on how to create non-sew masks here.
Cleaning and Sanitation:
Laketran continues to clean and sanitize our buses and building daily
- Laketran sanitizes buses and offices with an electrostatic disinfectant sprayer
- Laketran continues to wipe down high touch point areas daily
- Employees are equipped with gloves, hand sanitizer, and disinfecting wipes and spray to use throughout the day as needed
Reducing the Spread of Germs:
Flyers and signs have been posted on buses promoting Laketran safety procedures and CDC’s steps to reduce the spread of germs including:
- Keep a safe distance between you and other people on board, including the driver
- The CDC and ODH strongly recommend wearing a cloth face covering in public settings, like public transit and grocery stores
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom; before eating; and after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing
- If soap and water are not readily available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol. Always wash hands with soap and water if hands are visibly dirty
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth
- Stay home when you are sick
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe
Additional Safety Procedures:
- Laketran continues to promote essential travel only to limit passengers on board buses. Here is a list of examples of essential trips.
- Laketran’s Headquarters is closed to the public
- Laketran is offering virtual Travel Training via Zoom or telephone to assist schools and individual customers and process ADA application
Thank you for doing your part to keep Laketran customers and employees safe by reducing the spread of COVID-19.