Hiring Event !! Guaranteed Interviews !!
Join Us Tuesday, Feb. 1st 2:00 PM — 5:00 PM
Wednesday, Feb. 2nd 9:00 AM — 12 Noon
Drivers + Mechanics + Call Center Reps (See all descriptions below)
If you come to our hiring event with an application already filled out you move to the front of the line!
Click the link to download a Laketran Employment Application
- Scan or email your completed application to firstname.lastname@example.org – No phone pics, PDFs only. We can’t open attachments submitted in any other format!
- Fax: 440-350-1033
- Mail or stop by in person: 555 Lakeshore Blvd. Painesville Twp., OH 44077
If you have questions about working at Laketran, contact our Human Resources office at 440-350-1004.
Laketran does not discriminate against any person on the grounds of race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, physical or mental disability, ancestry, military status, genetic information, or any other status protected by law. LAKETRAN is an Equal Opportunity/ADA/Veteran Employer & a Drug-Free Workplace
Dial-a-Ride Drivers, Part-Time (Several Available Positions)
- Starting wage of $16.37/hour with significant raises every 6 months
- 6 hour shifts, 3 or 4-day work week (no Sundays or overnight)
- 6 weeks paid training
- Paid vacation, paid sick time, holiday pay, uniforms provided, and cash shoe allowance
- Ohio Public Employees Retirement (a lifetime state pension in addition to Social Security!)
- Ohio Deferred Comp Retirement Plan
- Total job satisfaction
- Valid Ohio driver’s license required and you must be able to pass DOT physical and drug screen.
The Physical Aspects of the Job: Dial-a-Ride drivers provide door-to-door service at every stop, escorting customers boarding and exiting vehicles and walking them into buildings; we assist with carry-on items which includes carrying and stowing up to 40 bags of groceries or packages from the store to the customer’s door. This position also requires frequently climbing vehicle steps and building stairs, walking, squatting, kneeling and crouching to adjust wheelchair footrests, securing restraint buckles, adjusting bus seats, and manually enabling lift ramps.
Mechanic I (light duty) and Mechanic II (heavy duty)
(See Both Job Descriptions Below)
$2,000 Signing Bonus for Mechanics!!
Our Mechanics diagnose and repair Laketran’s 155 fleet vehicles including motor coaches, medium/heavy diesel buses and trucks, unleaded and propane vans, and automobiles.
- $2,000 Signing Bonus
- Competitive salary with significant raises every 6 months for first 3 years, then annual increases
- Paid holidays, vacation and sick time
- Paid Uniforms
- Clean, air conditioned shop
- Excellent medical, vision, dental, life, disability insurance
- Ohio Public Employees Retirement (OPERS) and Ohio Deferred Compensation Retirement option
- Valid Ohio driver’s license required (CDL a plus) and you must be able to pass DOT physical and drug screen.
Mechanic I performs preventative maintenance and mechanical repairs on medium/heavy diesel, gas, and propane vehicles including brakes, lube, fluid and filter changes, cooling system flush/fill, wheel bearing pack, replacing lights, complete battery service, ignition parts, exhaust components, mirrors, wheelchair securement components, replace latches and switches, tire change/repair/rotate, remove and replace belts, pulleys, alternators, radiators, inspects and replaces hoses, caps, valves, etc. Assists Mechanic 2 in overhaul, rebuild, and replacement of complex assemblies and components. Must have your own tools.
Mechanic II diagnoses defects and performs moderately complex diagnosis and repairs on medium/heavy diesel, gas, and propane vehicle engines, air brake and air ride systems, air motors and air controls, steering, suspension, HVAC, transmissions, hydraulic systems, compressors, 24-volt electrical systems, wheelchair lifts. Instructs Mechanic 1 in overhaul, rebuild, and replacement of complex assemblies and components. Must have your own tools.
Call Center Representative (2 Part-Time Positions Available)
Are you friendly, resourceful, and enjoy talking on the phone? Responsibilities include taking customer calls to reserve Dial-a-Ride trips, entering trip information via computer, verifying pick-up and drop-off points, and providing general information about the services Laketran offers. This position is perfect for those with a pleasant phone manner, comfortable with data entry, and patient in answering questions while handling a high volume of calls daily. Spanish speaker is a plus!
This Position Offers:
- $15.28 per hour to start; substantial pay raises every 6 months
- 22-24 hours per week
- Paid training, holidays, sick and vacation time