A Laketran Employment Application is required to be considered for all positions at Laketran.
Please click the link here to download an application: Laketran Employment Application
You may submit your application in several ways:
- Scan/email it to firstname.lastname@example.org
- pdf. scans only, we can’t open attachments submitted in any other format
- By fax to 440-350-1033
- Via Regular U.S. Mail or stop by in person: 555 Lakeshore Blvd. Painesville Twp., OH 44077
- LAKETRAN is an Equal Opportunity/ADA/Veteran Employer & a Drug-Free Workplace
Human Resources Generalist
Laketran is looking for a seasoned Human Resource Generalist who is looking toward future advancement into a management role. The Human Resources Generalist works closely with Director of Human Resources in managing the day-to-day activities of the Human Resources Department. The ideal person for this position has proven expertise in Human Resources, initiative, and ambition.
To be considered, this professional position requires a cover letter, resume, and Laketran Employment Application (See Above)
Essential Functions (Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Carries out duties associated with the day-to-day HR activities.
- Actively involved in the employment process, including recruiting, phone screens, creating internal/external job postings, evaluating applicants and candidates, interviewing, onboarding, background screening, new employee processing, orientation, new hire training, drafting correspondence, and data entry into all HR systems.
- Coordinates health, life, disability, and ancillary insurance enrollments and communicates enrollments and cancellations with Finance, service providers, and brokers.
- Ensures all employee records are up-to-date and confidential including wage and status changes, step increases, benefit selections, seniority lists, completed training, disciplinary actions, rewards and recognition, Safe Driving Awards, Master Employee Data Sheet, Drug & Alcohol Random Selection list, etc.
- Manages a detailed spreadsheet tracking all drug & alcohol testing and reporting requirements in accordance with the FTA Drug and Alcohol Program.
- Assists the Director of Human Resources with various Ohio Bureau of Workers Compensation (BWC) transitional duty administration and MCO/TPA information requests.
- Acts as a confidential source of information for employees in various HR-related topics such as FMLA, medical leaves and other employee concerns, referring complex and/or sensitive matters to the appropriate staff.
- Manages all aspects of FMLA tracking; absences, usage, FMLA balances; prepares and delivers employee FMLA correspondence.
- Maintains a solid understanding and interpretation of the Union Contract and alignment with the Employee Handbook.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration or a related field required
- A minimum of five years of HR experience as a Generalist or Manager
- Workers Compensation claims management experience
- Ability to manage projects independently
- Ability to display integrity, professionalism, and confidentiality at all times
- Strong knowledge of HR laws and employment regulations
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite, especially Excel, or related software
- Proficient in HRIS software
Although we’re not currently hiring Dial-a-Ride Drivers, you are welcome to apply.
Laketran offers a very attractive starting wage of $15.29 per hour with significant raises every 6 months for 3 year; top rate is $19.28 per hour.
Where else can you work part-time making this much money?
- 6 weeks paid training
- Paid vacation, paid sick time, uniforms provided, and cash shoe allowance
- Public Employees Retirement Pension (a lifetime state pension in addition to Social Security!)
- Ohio Deferred Comp Retirement Plan
- 4-day work week, 24 hours per week (no Sundays or overnight)
- Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) is NOT REQUIRED
- Total job satisfaction
Successful candidates have a stable work history with strong customer service experience.
6-hour shifts, 4 days per week, which could include Saturdays but no Sundays or overnight. Reliable, dependable attendance is an essential function of this job; commitment to schedule and attendance is vital.
Department of Transportation (DOT) physical and drug screen, background check, and Ohio Bureau of Motor Vehicles license check are required. A Commercial Driver License (CDL) is not required.
This position is deemed “safety-sensitive” by the Federal Transit Administration (FTA). Team members operating in this position must submit to random drug-testing throughout employment.
Now Hiring Mechanic 2
Posting Expires: Until Filled
Feel like you’re stuck in a flat-rate Mechanic job? Want to trade it for a real career? You know Laketran—we’re the public transportation service for all Lake County residents.
To qualify for Mechanic 2, you need 5 years experience in a progressively advancing role or a combination of formal training and work experience in the following areas:
- Diagnose defects and perform repairs on heavy trucks and/or diesel vehicles, i.e. steering, engine, suspension, heating, air conditioning, minor body work, electrical wiring and components, air brake system, air motors, air controls, compressors, 24-volt systems, air ride system, vehicle computer systems, electronic fare collection equipment, wheelchair lifts, multiplex, cameras, electronic destination signs, radios.
Laketran does not discriminate against any person on the grounds of race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, physical or mental disability, ancestry, military status, genetic information, or any other status protected by law.